”Every problem has a solution. You just have to be creative enough to find it. ‘
Many software development teams focus their effort on defect detection (Quality Control) rather than on defect prevention (Quality Assurance). If the testing activity occurs exclusively at the end of the Project (Quality Control) a large part of the test execution benefits will be wasted. The testing activities should occur from the project day one and run continuously until final deployment.
Without a Quality Assurance approach it is very difficult to keep the Project within the triangle “scope-time-cost”. WinTrust is dedicated to contribute to this goal, with an involvement in Computing Engineering equivalent to an overseeing company in Civil Engineering projects: one entity executes the Project (development team) while another entity guarantees the quality of the final product (WinTrust).
WinTrust has been ground-breaking in nurturing this concept in Portugal. Based on the findings of the IDC study commissioned by PSTQB (Portuguese Association for Software Testing) demonstrating the trend for a growing demand of testing services, the adoption of this concept will evolve as Computing Engineering reaches maturity.
If you are planning to start a development Project, please do not hesitate in contacting us. We can help you to reduce the risk, not only through a mediation role, but also by the incorporation of this trend into your resources hiring model.
WinTrust has a consultancy team designed to assist different types of clients. With the support of our Testing Experts, we can help clients that do not have this resource available to create an in-house test team.
For clients that do have this resource, we can assess their testing process and help them to improve it to achieve better efficiency and effectiveness.
Creation of a Team
The professionals working at WinTrust are trained in quick learning processes and can therefore be a valuable help in meeting all the needs of your testing team, reinforcing it locally or remotely with experienced professionals for periods that can vary from a few days to several months.
With a considerably-sized team and our Testing Lab, the client can benefit not only from economy of scale but also from very quick response times. As this service is provided on an “as needed” basis it can be activated or suspended at any time by the client.
The service is particularly effective for clients with relevant testing effort fluctuations throughout the year, and it is designed both for functional and performance tests.
When applicable, WinTrust is also able to provide support tools on a SaaS (Software as a Service) basis, which may complement the NearShore Centre Professional Services.
This service enables WinTrust to handle the management, reduce costs and improve efficiency of your testing team. All the activities involved in the team management will be handled by WinTrust, with a strong commitment to any Service Level Agreements (SLA) in place.
- Alignment with the best practices in the industry – the incorporation of control mechanisms, particularly those related to the SLA measurements, allows for the production of information increasingly systematized contributing to the continuous improvement of the whole process
- Reduction of costs – the enablement of a single point of contact with the end users improves the efficiency of the business relationship management and reduces the management costs
- Growing autonomy – the benefit of having a self-sufficient and managed service in full operation will increase the independence of the testing team from the knowledge of each individual member, towards full autonomy and immunity regarding future needs of stretching/shrinking the team.
This type contract is agreed on a pluriannual model, supported by different stages:
- Prep stage – corresponds to the team preparation and building period that occurs simultaneously with the contract signature. It also includes the detailed specification of the Transition Plan
- Transition Stage – corresponds to the implementation of the Transition Plan period, with the detailed specification of Capacity, Team Size, Infrastructure and Supporting Tools, Management Model and Service Level Monitoring, among others
- Operational Stage – corresponds to the period when WinTrust is handed the overall control of the service.
- Resume/Changeover Stage – corresponds to the resuming of the service by another entity (third-party or the client), when the goal of the contract with WinTrust has been accomplished.